Dear WRSA member,
- Is hunting and live game trade allowed in terms of COVID-19 Regulations for level 4?Attached hereto, is the Risk Adjusted Strategy Regulations (COVID-19 Level 4 National Disaster Management Regulations), as presented by Minister Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma on Wednesday night, 29 April.Part A1 on page 22 (Table 1, Alert Level 4), stipulates all agriculture, hunting, forestry and fishing, bee-keeping, including preparation, cultivation, harvesting, storage, transport of live animals and auctions (subject to health directions) and related agricultural infrastructure and services (including research, inspection, certification and quality control).
However the detailed information and specification about these, will only be known once the respective ministers have announced and published directives dealing with the individual activities. We hope that it will be made available today and will let you know as soon as we have received it.
Therefore, before making any arrangements regarding hunting or moving of animals, etc., please wait for the detailed information to be made available by the Ministers. WRSA made proposals to government over the weekend regarding hunting and live game trade, and we trust that it would have been taken into consideration.
- Health & Safety:Also attached, are some important documentation regarding health and safety in the workplace as received from Agri-SA:
- Summary of Covid-19 direction on health and safety in the workplace
- The final signed directive from the Department of Labour
- Employer risk assessment from the Department of Health
- Worker’s risk assessment from the Department of Health
- COVID-19 Walk-through Risk Assessment
- Memorandum – Practice note by Jahni de Villiers (Head of Labour and development, Agri-SA)
This is a very handy document, with the minimum practice guidelines for all employers operating in South Africa. Our appreciation goes to Ms De Villiers and Agri-SA.
- UIF / TERS:
Also attached hereto, is a Q&A sheet about UIF/TERS (in Afrikaans). We will in the meantime try to obtain an English version; alternatively to translate it. Please enquire, should you need an English version of the document.