- January 14, DAFF Foot and Mouth Disease Media briefing
- Maps – FMD Limpopo & FMD Limpopo zoom
- Link to the National Animal Health Forum website. Please note that some of the links supplied do not work by merely clicking on them. Please copy the link and paste in a new window for access.http://nahf.co.za/fmd-survive-the-current-situation-with-knowledge-2019-01-11/
- January 18, DAFF FMD update report
- January 18, DAFF letter to the Provincial veterinary services
- January 22, WRSA information, prepared by Dr P Oberem
- January 30, DAFF FMD Update
- Feb 1, Government Gazette 42203, Control Measure relating to FMD in certain areas
- Feb 4 Minister Press Statement
- Feb 8 Update Report
Foot and mouth disease in South Africa
WRSA represents the wildlife industry on the FMD Trade task team of DAFF/NAHF (National Animal Health Forum).
WRSA is aware that many of our members are being affected by Namibia’s “Suspension on Import and In Transit Movement of Cloven Hoofed Animals and their products from South Africa following the outbreak of FMD”.
It would greatly assist us, if wildlife ranchers being affected by the Namibian ban, could provide us with details regarding the expected impact, should the trade/movement of animals not be re-opened within the next three months.
Please provide the following details to Ms Nonkie Kunene from our office at email@example.com: