UP YOUR GAME – WRSA CONFERENCE 2019
SATURDAY, 6 APRIL
CSIR INTERNATIONAL CONVENTION CENTRE,
MEIRING NAUDÉ STREET, LYNNWOOD, PRETORIA
WRSA is diligently arranging the 2019 conference. We are very exited about the topics that will be discussed.
- We will look at the economy. Not only South Africa’s economy and where we find ourselves in the current political environment, but specifically at the wildlife economy. Dr Flippie Cloete will be ready to answer all your questions about the wildlife economy, with a top economist addressing the wider South African and global economy.
- There are many misconceptions about the wildlife industry’s contribution towards the economy, employment and productivity. A good conversation about this will be extremely valuable to game farmers and who better than Prof Mohammed Karaan to introduce it?
- With the recent outbreak of foot-and-mouth disease, we all once again realised the importance of biosecurity. Dr Johan Steyl is very familiar with our game farmers and we look forward to all the valuable information he has to share.
- With the severe drought, climate change is on everyone’s lips frequently. How does it affect game farming? Prof. Hannes Rautenbach has innumerable and interesting information to share with everyone. He is ready for questions about this aspect that we all worry about so much.
- Transformation. The game industry does not often broadcast its actions and successes from the rooftops. Mr Christo Van der Rheede will share some possibilities with us, as well as lessons and successes from other commodities.
- How do we market our products and country internationally, with specific reference to hunting opportunities? Which joint plan do we have as game farmers, hunting entrepreneurs and the government to market our country and products positively and at true value? Wiaan van der Linde has years of marketing experience in international hunting and will bring everyone up to date with the latest trends and challenges and why a joint South African plan is so important!
But where at a conference does one have better chatting than during tea/coffee breaks and lunch? For many, it’s the only time of year to network and catch up with other people in the industry. We will allow plenty of time!
And to conclude everything? Another great event … the gala dinner, the same evening, also at the CSIR. The four Game Farmer of the Year awards are also presented on that evening – always something to look forward to.
But wait, THERE’S MORE: A ladies’ breakfast that will be served at Stephnie’s, Lynnwood Bridge for the ladies who don’t want to be caught up in the conference. With the speaker Lindie Strydom and sponsors like Jenna Clifford, SkinPhD and many other friends who will be attending, we have already received many reservations. Ladies, don’t let this one pass.
Hurry up – book as soon as possible!